Procedures For Formation of Young Members’ Branch
- There must be at least 5 promoters between the age of 18 – 35 to start a new MCA Young Members’ Branch. The 5 promoters must be the members of the MCA.
- A new Young Members’ Branch must have at least 50 new members between the age of 18 – 35, including 10 life members and at least 50% of the members concerned are local residents or voters in the constituency.
- Each Division can set up at least one Young Members’ Branch.
- Application can be submitted via Division, State Liaison Committee or directly to the MCA HQ.
- All approved Branches must within 2 months, recruit at least 50 members including 10 life members and at least 50% of the members who are local residents or voters in the constituency in order to have it duly registered with the Registrar of Societies. Otherwise, it may be tabled to the Central Committee for a decision to delete the Branch concerned.
- The promoters can submit young member’s branch form and new membership form together to the MCA HQ Membership Department
- All Branches should at anytime when recruiting new members ensure that 50% of their members are voters or residents in the respective constituencies.
- Enquiries could be made by the applicants to the MCA HQ after 3 months of submitting their applications.
(The above procedures were duly adopted by the MCA Central Committee Meeting held on August 25, 2006.)