1MCA Member Group Insurance Scheme
MCA Central Committee had at its meeting held on 12 November 2013 resolved to purchase a Group Accidental Insurance policy for all our party members.
The terms and conditions as follows:-
- A bereavement benefit of RM2,000/= only will be paid to the beneficiary of the applicant for non-accidental deaths
- A total amount of RM10,000/= together with a bereavement benefit of RM2,000/= will be paid to the beneficiary of the applicant for deaths caused by accidents
- An amount of RM10,000.00 shall be paid to any member who suffers permanent disability caused by accidents
- An amount of RM5,000.00 shall be paid to any member who suffers partial disability caused by accidents
Terms & Conditions
Eligibility of Applicant
- Any valid party member.
- There will be no age limit for applicants who have applied through the Party HQ as of 30 April 2013
- However, the age limit will be capped from 18-75 years old for applicants who applied from 1 December 2013 onwards.
- The age limit will be capped from 18-75 years old for applicants whose memberships were approved after 30 April 2013
- Any member whose membership has been withdrawn, terminated or suspended shall not be eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The applicant must complete a “1MCA Member Group Insurance Scheme” Form stating clearly the name of their beneficiary and submit it to the MCA HQ Secretariat together with the following required documents:
a) A photocopy of the MyKad of the applicant (both sides).
b) A photocopy of the MyKad or Passport of the beneficiary’s/nominee (both sides).
All incomplete forms/documents will not be accepted.
Enforcement of the Insurance Policy
- The new insurance policy will take effect from 1 December 2013 to midnight of 31 December 2014.
- The policy is enforceable beginning from the date after the Secretariat has received and processed all completed forms and relevant documents, and has forwarded it to the insurance company. This policy shall take effect until 31 December 2014.
Nominee / Beneficiary
- Must be a next of kin such as spouse, children, parents or siblings, etc.
- Nominees/ beneficiaries cannot be drug addicts, gamblers, declared bankrupt, or is a person of low morals.
- Maximum of 2 nominees is allowed (must indicate clearly the percentage of shares therein)
- Witnesses could either be the Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Secretary, Organizing Secretary, Youth Chief and Wanita Chief of the respective States/Divisions/Branches
- All MPs, State Assemblymen, District and Municipal Councillors
- All Executive Secretaries of the respective States and Divisions
- All Staff of the MCA Headquarters.
All complete form must be sent to：
1MCA Member Group Insurance Scheme Secretariat
8th Floor, Wisma MCA,
163, Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Fax : 03-2203 3820
**MCA HQ reserves the right to amend all rules and regulations whichever deemed necessary.