Tribute to MCA Veterans 2013
Once again, MCA Presidential Council had at its meeting held on 16th October, 2012 resolved that all party members who have attained the age of 60 as at January, 2013 be given a RM100 “Ang Pow” as an appreciation of their support and contributions made towards the party on the terms and conditions below:-
Terms & Conditions
- All party members who are born in 1953 or before and have attained the age of 60 and whose membership have been approved by the MCA Presidential Council on or before 31/12/2012. Those who have already applied earlier are not qualified.
- Those qualified are required to complete a “Tribute to MCA Veterans 2013” Membership Update Form together with a photocopy of new Identity Card (both sides).
- All application Forms must duly be endorsed and witnessed by the either the Chairman or Secretary of the MCA State Liaison Committee / Division / or Member of Parliament / MCA Divisional Coordinator / Executive Secretary of the State or Division.
- MCA HQ will send out the cheque or postal order concerned after having verified the applications concerned.
- Application Forms can be obtained from the MCA HQ, State Liaison Committee, Division, Branch or to download it from our party website at www.mca.org.my at free of charge.
- All rules and regulations are to be amended at the discretion of the party HQ.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a non-MCA member aged at 60 to apply now as a party member? Or is he entitled to receive the Ang Pow?
MCA welcomes anyone who is eligible to apply as a party member at anytime. He can only apply for Ang Pow in 2014 if we have the same exercise for the year.
- If an application is yet to be approved, can he/she apply for the Ang Pow?
- How does one receive the ang pow?
Any member who is qualified is required to complete a form by updating his/her personal particulars together with a photocopy of his / her MyKad (both sides).
- Can the membership updating form be downloaded from the website?
Yes, it can be downloaded from our website at www.mca.org.my free of charge.
- Who should be the witness as specified in the updating of membership form?
- The Chairman/Deputy Chairman/Secretary of the MCA Branch/Division/State concerned.
- Member of Parliament, State Assemblyman or the Senator
- The Coordinating Officer of the Constituency concerned
- The Executive Secretary of the State/Division concerned
- The MCA HQ Staff
- How long does it take to apply for the Ang Pow? How will it be paid out?
As soon as the application is duly verified without any mistake by the HQ and it will be sent out by cheque or postal order to the Division/Branch to be redirected to the member concerned.
- When is the deadline to submit the Ang Pow application form?
30th June 2013.
Please call the Membership Department of MCA HQ at Tel: 03-2203 3811, 3812, 3813, 3814 and 3815.